All Things New

Out with the old, in with the new. When you become a Christian ALL things become new. You love the things you once hated and hate the things you once loved. Strange how these changes occur.


 But what happens when "old" rears it's ugly head, showing up in ways so unimaginable? Things I would have died to experience in my old life, but did not have the opportunity, are springing up now. Tonight my old favorite metal band is playing in a very small, intimate club only a half hour from where I live. Back when, I'd see them in arenas with thousands of fans. Calling them "favorite" is a huge understatement. I truly loved and practically worshiped these guys and their music. Only when I came to know God, did I realize just how empty and vain it all was.


 I think of my life now. No it's not perfect. It's not anywhere near perfect. But I have a Friend that goes through everything with me, He even reads my mind. He gives fulfillment and meaning to my life. My idols gave nothing except illusions. The trade was more than worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River