You are Enough

Being a follower of Jesus does not mean that your life suddenly turns into a rose garden. It does not mean you have no problems.

They are thinking about closing my church down. It does not matter that we are a living, breathing community of believers who meet together in our small town to worship God and strengthen each other. It does not matter that by being here we are keeping a light burning in our community for people of like beliefs which cannot be found in any other church in our small town. It does not matter that we are bonded to one another. No it does not matter. What does apparently matter is the size of our bank account. We don't have much money. It does not matter that we share a pastor with the church in the next community which has means and in all actuality we are not costing the conference anything more. No it doesn't matter. We simply do not generate enough money in tithes. We do not matter...

But we matter to God. And we matter to each other and the people out there we've yet to reach with the gospel matter to God and to us as well.

And so if they decide to shut us down, which is the current aim it seems, we will start a new church.

And maybe that is just what needs to happen. A new church with a new life. Fully reliant on God.

No, being a follower of Jesus does not mean your life suddenly turns into a rose garden. It does not mean you don't have problems.

I am a year out of my emotionally abusive marriage. For that I am thankful. But divorce and single motherhood was not what I would have hoped to be dealing with at this time in my life. I look around and see happy families and mine continues to crumble around me. My kids are getting into trouble and rebelling. I have dedicated myself and my life to raising these kids and bringing them to Jesus and it breaks my heart to see what's happening now. We don't fit into the pretty little mold..but we do fit in with God who sees the why behind every action and has a solution for the toughest situations. All I can do is cry to Him for His mercy.

At this present moment, my life would appear to be in a shambles. To be a wreck. Every aspect of my life is unsettled or chaotic. And to God I am holding on. He is the only sure thing in this world.

So even if my life crumbles and the ex rears his ugly head,
and even if there is no money to live on,
and even if the church closes it's doors,
and even if my kids turn against me,
and even if I end up alone,
I will praise You Lord, for You are enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River