My Very First Blog Post (from a year ago)

To Blog or Not to Blog...

And that is only the first question. I've had this idea floating around in my mind for awhile. Problem is it doesn't leave. So here I am...finally giving in to it. I am used to writing my thoughts down. It's  sort of a compulsion of mine or maybe just an addiction. Either way, I'm trapped. Usually I write things in a prayer journal for for only One Person to read, so this is definitely different. It feels strange and foreign, but as with anything, if I continue and do it often enough, it'll become more comfortable and maybe even...normal?


 A few of my other questions are: What should I write? What if nobody reads this? What if somebody actually reads this? Will I say something I shouldn't? Will I edit myself out? Why am I so insecure and lastly...does anybody even care? Not really. So I'm going to do it. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Bloggaversary to me!!!
Here are my thoughts on blogging one year in! 

Well, it has gotten easier for sure! Easier to write and not be so self-conscience about it. Though I tend to write with my "audience" in mind sometimes. Usually, lately, it's with the thought that you all are probably getting tired of hearing me whine...but it's what I'm living, so it comes out :)

The biggest surprise is the support I have received and friends I've made out here. I didn't realize that would happen because before I wrote blogs, I never read them. I didn't know much about them. I certainly didn't realize the relational aspect of it. Not only is it nice to share but wonderful to read about people's lives. Their joys, sorrows, frustrations and for many of you...creations and great ideas! But seriously, I have gathered much strength from friends' comments. Thank you!

I have shared my blog on Facebook a number of times. That was extremely hard to do at first. Especially when you realize not everyone is really that interested in your life. Of course, I don't share a lot of my more personal blogs on Facebook, although I realize any of my friends could come and read anything anytime. But I write "sharable" posts at times, just for fb. Of course I wish my Facebook friends, my friends and family would ALL write blogs because I think you get an inside view of the person. If it were me reading their blogs, I'd be all over it! 
Another thing is I have to go--now who's secretly reading and knows soo much stuff about me?! I half walk around paranoid! A link to my blog is also on my fb page. Yikes!!
Since my divorce, I have tightened down security just to keep unwanted looky-loos from discovering my blog :)

I hope to keep writing. It's a fun way to express myself. And a perfect record of life (though edited). Just like my prayer-journals (which are not so edited :). 

I'm NOT a scrapbooker at all, but I tend to think of my blog as sort of like a scrapbook from my life. Just bits and pieces of me stuck on paper.  Or maybe just some graffiti on the wall. Something informal that just shares who I am and what is important to me. I hope somewhere down the line, someone is blessed or helped somehow.

One thought I've had is this might be something my kids can look through one day and see my thoughts on life and some of my experiences.

It has been a great year for sure! The amount of pageviews has gone up dramatically, which I have no idea where the bulk of them are coming from.

Thank you for reading!


Oh yes and p.s. I also played around with having other blogs, but couldn't manage both. So here I am!


Comments

  1. I think maybe your pageviews going up is because I posted the link to your blog on the wall of the men's room in the local biker bar...

    Just kidding! HAHAHAHA! Happy blogiversary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!!! You're so funny!!! So that explains it!!

      Delete
  2. Happy blog anniversary!! I too was surprised at the relationship aspect of blogs. I've met so many nice people that I would not have had the opportunity to meet without the internet. :) I hope you keep blogging for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cassandra!! It has been especially nice to find a fellow Adventist :) I was pretty excited when I stumbled upon your blog...I am a pizza lover, too, so looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River