Thankfulness



Yesterday, I had a pretty bad day. Without going into a lot of detail, someone said something hurtful to me and it all just snow-balled from there. I was having a lot of negative thoughts about life and just feeling blah. By the end of the day, I was worried and doubt-filled, and just flat gloomy. I even wrote about it on here but came and deleted it after awhile.

Today is a new day. Every day is a new day and sometimes with that new day comes new hope and a much brighter outlook.

A good night's sleep washed away that gloom for me.

Even in the midst of the hardest things, we can find some reason to be grateful. Some reason to rejoice. The very fact that we're breathing is cause for celebration. Of course, yesterday I wasn't feeling this way at all.

So today I want to write out 10 things that I am thankful for and encourage you to do the same.

I am thankful for:
my family
true friends
that it's fall
that I am in a relationship with God
working with the youth
pumpkin pie
my home
freedom
flowers
church


Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22, 23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River