Cozy Christmas

We're thinking about dragging our artificial tree up to the house and getting out the trunk where I store the ornaments and decorations. We have never decorated this early...usually we do it on the day after Thanksgiving or the next day.

For some reason, I feel like if we decorate early, then we could make something or find a way to add to our decor using natural or homemade things...because that's what you do when you're broke. It's weird that I even have the desire to make anything...I am NOT crafty. What's this strangeness overtaking me?? Resourcefulness? Homemade-itis? Craftymom-itis (NEVER!!)? I just keep seeing myself and my kids sitting around the table making something out of paper...

I think I'll be on the hunt for some greenery that no one would miss.

I am looking forward to the season. Not the crowded stores or the shopping, but the simple family traditions. Like decorating the tree and reading true, heartwarming Christmas stories. Looking at the lights and going to the Christmas Lights Parade with hot chocolate afterward. The thing I'd like to add is doing something creative with the kids. Even if it's just stringing popcorn or making ornaments or some kind of gifts.

I want a cozy Christmas this year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River