Thanksgiving: Getting Ready for a Feast

I have been getting ready for Thanksgiving this week. Okay, so the idea of decorating for Christmas, early, kinda fell by the wayside. Suddenly, I got really excited about Thanksgiving! I'm not having a huge crowd, just about eight of us. I decided that since it was a smallish group, I would set the table. So I started pulling out table cloths and napkins and candle holders. Then I realized I have NO pretty glasses! So I set out to find some at a second-hand store (which I did!).
I watched a cool video about decorating your table with things you already have around your house. Was inspired. Here it is...


As I waited around for my daughter to get out of school today, I checked out a second-hand store that was nearby and found eight really nice plates that were like new. I could have used what I already had, but these were really cheap and pretty. For a centerpiece, I am using pretty red Asian Pears and leaves. Tomorrow, I will hunt for branches with beautiful red and gold leaves to put in a vases. So that's how I'm decorating this year. Simple, real and...CHEAP!!!!!

Got the kids all cleaning and helping get everything ready. I love them...they don't complain! Such good kids. It's funny what you can do in a peaceful environment. This has all been like therapy for me. I love the holidays--reasons to hunt for bargains and decorate.

So we won't mention the cooking. Okay. Hoping to find a bit of joy in even that :)

Just found out that I'll possibly have another guest or three :) It's all good! 

I am looking forward to spending time with my special people. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope your life is overflowing with God's abundant blessings. You may not have all the blessings which are possible, so be extra thankful for the ones you do have. I am.

Time to make some memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River