The Heart-Shaped Rock

And so... yesterday, the relationship I was in, ended. Things just were not going to work out. Too many differences. Unfortunately, you get attached and that can make it hard. The previous day, I had picked up a little book that you can send through the mail. It sort of had all the little themes that reminded me of us. It was a child's book-written from mother to child, but I thought it so perfectly fit, that I was going to give it as a Valentine's gift. It's called, "If Kisses Were Colors."

It has lines in it which say things like-if kisses were colors, you'd see every one of the bands of the rainbow that shines in the sun...and...if kisses were blankets, you'd always be warm, wrapped up from the cold during winter's worst storm...If kisses were snowflakes, your world would be light, sparkling with crystals of silver and white...

And so... I picked up the sweet, little book and wondered, what will I do with it now? Take it back? Send it to the grandkids? I set it aside on my dresser and went outside.

The sky was blue and warm. My soul was quiet with acceptance. I looked down at the ground and suddenly, I saw a perfectly heart-shaped rock lying there. I picked it up and held it in my hand. I really had a strong sense that it was from God. I wondered why and thought maybe He just knew I needed to feel loved.

Later that evening, I went into my room and picked up the little book. I lay across my bed and began to read it one last time...If kisses were colors, you'd see every one of the bands of the rainbow that shines in the sun.Then I turned the page and read...

If kisses were pebbles, your beach would be lined...

...with stones by the millions, of all shapes and kinds.

Suddenly, I remembered my heart-shaped rock from earlier and then understood why God had given it to me. This was His message to me! I was overcome with emotion and cried. I held the little book tightly for a moment, then kissed it and set it down on the dresser and placed the heart-shaped rock on it-to be kept; treasured--as tokens of His love.






Comments

  1. I absolutely 100% believe that God gave you that rock--and that book--as tokens of his great love for you!
    And it's funny, because right before I read your blog, I posted how I saw the moon "smile" at me and knew it was God smiling at me :)
    God is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad somebody gets me and I am not a total lunatic!! As some may think! God is good and speaks to us in miraculous ways using the simplest things. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River