Decluttering Life

As I look at the clutter around me, I just want to have it disappear, but it's pretty stubborn. It sticks around and grows. Lately, I have given a lot of thought to further simplifying my life and surroundings. Not only attacking the clutter in my home, but the clutter in my heart and mind as well. The clutter taking up my emotions and motivations, helping me forget my true priorities and robbing me of the space I need to give to what really matters in my life.

I want to have less. Less dishes. Less books. Less papers. Less clothes. Less useless and unused junk. Less worries about what others think. Less concern over other people's expectations. Less need to be someone other than who I am. This will carve out the space needed for who God intends me to be.

God has given me what I can carry. He has assigned my place here and has given me this lot. I have managed to allow the junk to clutter up what He intends to be small and manageable until it feels overwhelming. So today, I will begin to really declutter the useless space-stealing junk I have accumulated. Finding which items, which thoughts, which attitudes to keep and which to throw out.

1 Timothy 6:6 -7, KJV But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River