Connecting the Dots



Recently, I did a lesson with my junior class at church. It was on faith and trust. I held up a dot-to-dot and asked them to tell me what the picture was going to be. Of course they didn't know. But they believed that if we connected all the dots, in the right order, eventually we'd get a picture. And that's the way it is with God...

We cannot always see where He's leading or why He would take us in a certain direction. Sometimes it's hard to understand why God allows things to happen to us. I tend to get a little doubtful when I cannot see how it is all supposed to work out. So I ask God tons of questions. A few of which, I ask over and over and He answers them the same way every time. And I still doubt!


The lesson mentioned a song that says, " When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart." Lately as I've been finding myself  very confused with the things that God is saying to me,  I am having to trust His heart. Trust that He loves me enough to safely guide me to the next dot. All I need is to stay connected and follow Him and eventually a picture will emerge. Remember, God has a plan and a purpose for your life.



                                                                         




Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. 
Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River