Healing Words

Words are powerful. You can use them to build people up or tear them down. For many years, I listened as someone tore me down, bit by bit - using words. At the same time, I had God building me up with His words. The negative words still hurt - still affected me, but did not destroy my self-worth. I believed what God said about me and that helped me to hold onto who I was, even in the midst of trials.

I knew that being in such an environment was not what God wanted for me. I had to learn to trust Him enough to let go and follow His plan for my life. Which hasn't been easy.

Earlier today, I had a talk with a good friend. This friend amazes me with his ability to use his words to encourage, to uplift, to simply understand. When I am critical or hard on myself--he sticks up for me; defends me. Hey wait a minute, maybe this is why you did that or of course you're going to feel such and such a way--look what you've been through. When I am down, he lifts me up, he prays for me, he always reminds me of how much God loves me. I don't know what I've done to deserve such a selfless and caring friend, but his words are healing to me.

I hope someday, to be more like this friend, who makes it a point to stop and heal others with his words.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River