Positive Changes in the New Year


Happy New Year! I am wondering what you'd like to accomplish this year. I know one of the major things I want to do is really declutter my house and get more organized. I want a house I can keep clean easily which means everything needs a home. Well, in a small house with too much stuff, that means...something's gotta go! I actually started the process last week. I rearranged my tiny living room, which I didn't think was possible, and found that the new arrangement "forced" me to get rid of a bookshelf and table and the room looks a lot neater. I just need to work on the "entryway"--if you can call it that :) It's just a space behind the front door.

The horrible problem I am having is my bedroom! Things are a mess and this is where the cutting will really need to happen as well as the need for creativity. All of my things (even Christmas stuff) are basically stored in my small room, so this will be a challenge for me, but worth doing because when my house is neat and clean, I feel 10 times better. I will be looking at new ways to store and rethinking what actually needs to stay. I'm sure this process would be much more thrilling to you if there were pictures, but my camera is lost or got stolen. So just take my word when I tell you..the place is a MESS!

Another area in my life which needs major work is my health. I weigh more than I want to, I'm totally out of breath when I climb stairs...I am addicted to candy. My oh-so-handy excuse for not walking has been that there was no one to walk with. Well, just yesterday as I was going over my New Year's resolution of wanting to exercise more aka walk more, I had three people say they wanted to walk with me! Yay! We'll have a group.

The number one main priority in my life needs attention. I want to set aside a time each day to spend with God in prayer and reading. I also need to have family devotions with my kids. This is a struggle for me. But I hope this year, things will improve in these areas. I hope I will suddenly become disciplined enough to pull it off and that it will be enjoyable.

So good luck to all of us who are hoping and trying to make positive changes in our lives this year! What are some of the things you are going to work on this year??


Comments

  1. Cleaning and de-cluttering the house is such a major thing. It really helps change the entire feel of your house. I have been working on my house organization project for a while now and it is really bearing fruit. It's been difficult as a lot of things I have had to deal with pertain to my late wife. That has made the process difficult but I am getting through it.

    Tomorrow I will be publishing a blog entry with all my goals for the year. I am very anal retentive about the process of setting yearly goals for myself and it really seems to help me accomplish things.

    Jerry
    http://adadandhisboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River