Glimpses of God

The one great thing that really excites me about being a Christian is the fact that God is in my life. He's real. He's present. I see Him, sense Him, hear Him, feel Him. It's not pretend. He is not an imaginary friend that my mind conjures up on it's own. What so excites me about God is that He shows up. He is thoughtful. One day at church, a few weeks ago, during prayer, our speaker prayed, " Lord, put your arm around those who are hurting today." As I was kneeling there, I felt someone touch my back. Twice. I looked to see who it was. It wasn't the person beside me or the person behind me (I even asked). I was so overwhelmed by that. God put His arm around me that day. Did I deserve it? No. I'm struggling a lot lately. All I could think was--He really wants me to know He loves me. And that He understands my struggles and problems and no matter what I do--He still loves me.

When He promises to carry you--He does. When He promises to save you--He does. When He promises He'll never leave you--He never leaves you. And when He promises to comfort you--He comforts you.

There have been so many times over these past few years where things have been extremely difficult for me and He was there. Really there. He would allow me to "see" Him in one way or another to encourage me and keep me going. In so many ways He would come to me.

I pray you would seek to know God through His Spirit and His word. But seek Him with ALL your heart. He will give you ALL of His. There is nothing that compares to this divine love.







For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD 
Jeremiah 29:11-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River