Happy New Year!

Every New Year, I pray for a word that sort of describes and sets the tone for the upcoming year. Last year's word was-"step."  God impresses them on my mind. You can click on "step" in my labels to read about what all happened with that word this year.

Last year was very hard, as I was approaching the New Year. I was under tremendous pressure at home. I knew my husband and I needed to get a divorce. I just didn't know how the kids and I would make it. So there was a lot of fear surrounding that. During that year (2011), God had provided things for us (teaching me to trust Him) when there simply was no money, including moving us to this smaller, cheaper house-where the kids and I could have a chance to afford to live on our own, when the time came. I knew the time would come, when I found out we were moving here, because He had announced it to me a month ahead of time. Soon, I need to share the story of the sparrow and the little blue house. Another story of how God has answered prayer and worked on my behalf.

When the word hit me, I knew it was time. Time to fully trust God for all things. Regardless of the fear I was feeling. My husband left at the end of May, we finished our previously started divorce-which was final in August and God has sustained us ever since. He has provided in various ways when there was a need. And there have been needs. He's provided emotionally, financially. He has made things come together like a jigsaw puzzle--every piece fitting just right--while I cringed in fear--He worked things out. He has brought great peace to this house. And to my heart.

And that brings us to this year. First, let me say, I just love God so much. He is so awesome; so kind. I stand in this warm, little house and just praise Him for my home. For the peace we now have here. For the absence of pain. For the absence of inner-turmoil, confusion, and fear. I am praising the Lord that I have been able to keep up with the bills and rent.  I am praising the Lord that I am able to be here for my kids and care for their needs. My life is a hodgepodge; it sort of resembles a crazy-quilt, but it's perfect and it works for us. So I am "stepping" into this New Year with a truly warm heart.

About a week or so ago, I prayed for my new word for this year and the word, "fulfillment" came to mind. I've prayed since then to make sure it was the word and it hasn't changed. It brings no fear to my heart, only great anticipation. There are promises God has made...maybe it's time they are fulfilled.

I hope you will consider praying for a word this year. Have a wonderful and blessed New Year!!!


.

Comments

  1. Johanna - I hope you have a very wonderful 2013 ahead and that fulfillment has an important place in the year for you. I have enjoyed reading your blog this year and look forward to all that you publish in the new year. - Jerry
    http://adadandhisboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jerry! I enjoy yours as well. Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River