Home Sweet Home

I have a simple, little house, but it contains everything and everyone I love the most. I walk in the door and see pictures hanging on the wall that speak to me. I feel the warmth and smell apple cinnamon candles, see my books at home on their shelves and I am wrapped in colors that I love. I see my kids' clutter strewn all over the floor...backpacks, shoes, you name it and it isn't long before I'm handing out the chores.

Home sweet home. I can especially appreciate it now. I know how fleeting it is. One day these guys, too,
will grow up and leave me like my older two did. And boy it sure didn't take too long for that to happen. So I need to cherish every day, every moment we have together. I am thankful to have the kids brighten my daily life. What a privilege.

Some places remind me of just how fortunate I really am. People who are elderly, alone, they're homes aren't kept up the way they used to be. Their kids and families are gone and one by one they're losing their friends and siblings...'another one passed away today' seems to be something said all too often.

Nothing stays the same. The good you have today may not be there tomorrow. So we need to hold and cherish today and all the beauty it brings with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River