To Live in Peace

For those of you that don't know, this year has been a doozy for me. I went through a divorce and all the transitions and changes have been very difficult. I am really learning to trust God. EVERYTHING is different. There is not one aspect of my life that hasn't changed or hasn't been affected in some way, even things that are foundational to me, like church, haven't been left untouched by this.

But there has been a lot of growth on my part. This has been good for me, although it didn't/doesn't always feel so wonderful. Divorce is hard. I knew I needed out of the marriage. The emotional trauma that this divorce caused was just tremendous.  And so the pain and all the emotional stuff I went through, actually surprised me a little. I didn't think it would be so bad. Slowly, things have gotten better. I am learning to stand on my own two feet-still feeling a bit wobbly.

On the flip-side, the benefits of this life-changing event are wonderful. I am no longer caught up in someone's vicious cycle, my home is peaceful, my kids are happier and so am I, my health has improved (stress can cause all kinds of problems!) my life is starting to feel normalish. I have a new life and I am so happy! For the first time, in a long time, I feel there's real hope, today, right now - for positive change and growth in my life. Before, all I could do was get through the day. All my energy-emotional, creative, you name it-was zapped by just dealing with a difficult spouse. Freedom (to live in peace) is a beautiful thing.

Yes, divorce is bad. It's painful and hard, but it can also be redemptive. I thank God for leading me through all of this that has happened. He has been with me every step of the way. He has provided for all of our needs and hasn't let us down. And He will be with you no matter what you're facing in your life. Just trust Him and hold onto Him.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River