Most Dreaded--Best Birthday Ever!!!

So I have dreaded this birthday for a decade now. But this birthday has turned out to be the best birthday ever!

On Saturday I got this in the mail...with no note attached!



I had randomly mentioned about a week before, on Facebook, that maybe I needed a gnome with a red hat. I guessed it must have been my sister and niece (in Florida) that sent it and I was right! It was such a fun surprise! I posted a pic on Facebook and my niece said-Oh baby, Aunt Hanna got a man for her b-day!! Haha! Just what I wanted! Lol!!

On Sunday, I was out shopping and came home to this:


A surprise party!! I have never had one before. My older daughter showed up and put it together with the kids. So sweet and thoughtful.



One very bright cake!



They all gave me all of my favorite things. So much thought was put in. So when my birthday rolled around this morning I was content and figured it had already been celebrated for the most part.

And then my daughter, Savannah, gave me this while I was still in bed this morning (my birthday):


I was soo excited!!!! Just what I really hoped I would get and figured I didn't since everyone gave their gifts on Sunday.

And if that weren't enough...my son showed up tonight. He lives out of town. He gave me a camera case. I was glad because I had just bought myself a new camera for my b-day. And then he says...I have a little something in the car for you.

I went outside and imagine my surprise when he gave me this:




I have always wanted to learn to play. Now I will...

I feel so loved. Everyone put so much thought into picking out something that was a favorite thing or something I wanted or would use! My oldest daughter even gave me 40 pens-my study group will get a great laugh out of that as they know, I can never find a pen when they are here and have to borrow. I keep a journal so I always need pens. Another daughter gave a journal. My youngest gave me red and black licorice because its one of my favorite candies.

The wonderful thing was the constant surprises. I thank God for that!! I know He wanted me to have a wonderful birthday, full of love and I did.

I have a feeling it's only going to continue to get better and better... So thankful!!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Johanna! Our birthdays are close. Mine is March 13th. :-) Glad it was a special day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and a happy belated birthday to you as well!!

      Delete
  2. Jealous--I would love to get a surprise gnome-man in the mail! I would love a surprise party too! How lucky and loved you are :)
    And a big HOORAY for the gift of the guitar! Playing the guitar has brought me so much joy. Don't worry about how well (or not) you play--just enjoy it! BTW, here is my recommendation for a really good guitar instruction book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0877180849/ref=ox_ya_os_product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement and recommendation! This is something I have wanted to do forever and I have played around a little over the years. My grandma used to walk through her house playing her guitar and singing gospel songs. She was my inspiration!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River