Letters

So many people come and go. I am simply amazed that I have managed to stay somewhat connected with two young inmates for almost four years. The letters are infrequent and I practically quit before each letter I write, but usually what happens is I receive one. So today I got a letter from Josiah. Unfortunately, much time has passed since I've heard from him and he actually had surgery on his foot.

I seriously wish I could turn this into a ministry by just putting more effort into it. Writing more often. Trying to offer whatever encouragement I can. I'm not here to judge, I don't even know what they are in for, but Jesus says to visit those in prison. So I do this for Him... but I need to take it off the back-burner. Maybe I am the only positive influence they have. Hope not, but prison's a pretty dreary place. I also have had family in jail and prison and so I know some of them just have made mistakes. Maybe God has given them into my hands... if that's true, I am ashamed of my neglect.

I have letters from these two sitting on my dresser, waiting to be answered. I received both this week. I feel a renewed motivation to turn this into what it could be...a blessing.

Hope you see the little things you do, whether it's a smile, a kind word, a letter, a hug, a meal with your family-whatever it is-as the blessing it is.

Thanks for reading :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River