'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...

                                          


The house is warm and cozy. I can still smell the peach pie I baked earlier mixed with the scent of the warm apple pie candle burning on the kitchen counter. 

So it's the night before Thanksgiving and everything that I'm thankful for is running through my mind...

1. God... He loves me in spite of ALL my weaknesses and imperfections.

2. health... hard to do much without it.

3. strength... physical and emotional strength which are both gifts from an all knowing God. Providing what we need just when we need it.

4. family... they have added much happiness to my life.

5. memories... for the ability to be transported back to another time, another place. To feel the same feelings
    with a little extra warmth added called nostalgia.

6. for the cold weather outside... without it I wouldn't appreciate the warmth inside.

7. home... the place where you can be surrounded by all your favorite things and people.

8. food... a true blessing. There are too many that do not have this basic need.

9. my Bible... God's love letter to me.

10. my prayer journal... outlet for me and a record of His love and faithfulness. More fulfilling to read than write...

11. all my books... mostly spiritual. They have added a lot to my understanding of God and have inspired me to no end. Just wish I had more time to read...

12. music... food for the emotions.

13. friends new and old... people that don't have to be in your life, but choose to. And like you more for it.

14. church... for all the people, using their gifts, that bless and nurture my family every week. Great to be in God's house with Him and them. 

15. Christian fellowship... it's nice to be with those that believe as you do. Adds depth to your conversations.

16. pumpkin pie... mmm yum.

17. scarves... to keep me cozy.

18. fall colors... red leaves are my favorite.

18. hot chocolate... especially on a cold night.

19. Christmas tree... mine is meaningful to me. We hang up all the kids' hand-made ornaments from over the years and the last Christmas card my step-mother sent before she passed away. Ahhh... traditions.

20. God's guidance... Sometimes He allows a glimpse, a hint or a sign... to let you know 'here is the way... walk in it'.

21. every new day... a fresh start, a new opportunity to live and breathe and grow and dream.

Count YOUR blessings.

Hope You All Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River