True Foundation

So today I've decided to start rebuilding my life. Things are way different now and will contnue to be. I have felt so insecure, like the foundation has been pulled out from under me. Shaky, you know. But I know God is the true foundation and He's still here. This morning, when I woke up, I prayed that God would give me structure and stability. That He would give me strength...

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

And I spent time in His word. Then studied the Sabbath school lesson, even though I don't attend the class because I teach the kids. Wrote in my prayer-journal and then decided to write down my goals for all the different areas in my life.

It has been so long since I've had the emotional energy to really even set any goals. Most of that energy had been consumed by fear, worry, sadness.

Lately I've been so emotion-driven. And since I have been experiencng so many negative emotions, I've found myself really going down-hill in so many areas of my life, feeling like I didn't have any control. And then I'd have to add regret to the list of negatives.

So I think the only way to change these things, is to just start working on the goals I've set. Some of them are really small...like just eating dinner at the table with the kids every night. I think that will improve our family relationships a lot right now. Also having worship while we're there. I believe that as I begin moving in the right direction, God will enable me to grow stronger.

Comments

  1. I know this is such a difficult time for you and your children. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I really need and appreciate your prayers :)

      Delete
  2. You go girl! You can get through this, and you can get through it strong and victorious! Turn the things that the enemy intends for harm into a victory for the Lord! Use your pain to be your battle cry (rebel yell!) to show that these things will NOT defeat or crush you because YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Johanna, for your comment today. It was really encouraging after stepping out in a way that I haven't before. God has been doing a tremendous work in my life right now, and I want the whole world to know. I want others to be encouraged and believe that He's faithful, because He is. God is good all the time! Just feel like God is saying to you to fear not for He's with you. Be not ashamed for I am thy God. He will strengthen you. Yes! He will help thee. He will up hold you with the right hand of His righteousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Verdamae!!! I will so be looking forward to hearing about the wonderful things God is doing in your life! Thank you for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River