Cheap Enough!

Had one kind of a day!

Woke up bright and early for a Sunday...a little too bright and early.

As I cleaned my room, I had a fight with a grey spider the size of my palm! I screamed...then he jumped at me! I bolted for the door to get the broom. When I got back I let out a super-loud yell and brought the broom smack down on him, squashing him dead with everything that was in me! I'm a loud, and vicious murderer when it comes to spiders...or crunchy sounding bugs!!

I went to hang out with my grown daughter, Jenessa. Ended up at Wal-mart, of course!! We were looking around and I saw some books hanging up. I asked her, "What are those?" I didn't know if they were address books or what.

"Journals."

"Yournals?" I asked in my poorest play Spanish, where I turn everything  starting with "J's" into "Y's"...not "H's"..."Y's" I'm terribly goofy like that!

She starts cracking up. "Urinals!! Urinals!!!" So we were busting up over that for a good five minutes and of course repeatedly shreiking it like mad-women through our laughter and tears! "URINALS!!!"

Then we ended up at a busy park. She went for a walk with a friend we met there and she made the mistake of leaving her "smart" (alec) phone with me that I don't know how to use very well, shamefully!! I decided to go online and check my email. I was doing just fine. Then I decided to send a quick email to a friend. And as I got a few random words down, the screen changed and I hit "send" accidentally. I tried to fix that with an explanation and it happened again, but worse. I was left feeling like a complete idiot. Told my daughter and we had a real good time over that, too. She said...who knows what you would have said, if  you would have kept trying! So when I got home, I had to send another email to explain the bits and fragments I sent. I pretty much said it was obvious I wasn't smart enough to use a smart phone, in slightly more derogatory terms.

Last week, I provided the entertainment, as well. I was talking smack about my ex. About some stupid thing he did. Then I kept doing stupid things for the rest of the day. Yes, humiliating myself with a vengeance!! Oh well...it was great fun anyway! If the only way we're going to laugh is at my expense, then it's cheap enough!!!

Comments

  1. I always say "either you laugh or you cry. Might as well laugh at yourself :)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Sorry about the spider, though. Ew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River