Upon Entry of Judgement

There comes a time when you know you've done all you can, when there is not one glimmer of hope left.

Two years ago, during a separation, I filed for divorce. Well needless to say, we got back together and didn't finalize the divorce. I wasn't super-hopeful, but my husband had found God and so we gave it another try.

Yesterday, I went and finished the paperwork for my divorce. It was easier, smoother and faster than I thought it would be. We agreed on everything and were able to sign papers. Today, I  submitted the paperwork to the court and once outside the office I let out a small squeal of delight. Worrying about this has brought me down a lot and with it just so quickly coming together, I felt tremendously relieved.

Since I filed over two years ago, my divorce will be final "upon entry of judgement". The six-month waiting period doesn't apply. So in about a week, I will officially be "divorced". It seems so fast, my head is spinning, but in all reality, it has been drawn-out. I certainly DID NOT expect to be divorced in one week!

Every ending is a new beginning.

Comments

  1. Now that painful chapter in your life has come to a close. Time to start a new book called "Moving Forward: My New Life After"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I am so excited to do just that!! I am praising God for new beginnings and second chances!

      Delete
  2. I'm happy for your new beginnings! It's amazing to see how much God works in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I am amazed by Him and so thankful for what He's doing for me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River