Just Want to Forget

I had the weirdest week. I can't wait until I am past this time when my emotions are all over the place and my judgement is so off. I just pray for God's forgivesness for my missteps.

It's like I'm living my whole life according to feeling. My desire to talk seems to overrule my ability to reason whether it is a good idea and whether it is the right person to share with. Then after the fact, I realize--oops that may not have been the best thing to do.

The strange thing is I barely make it out of one pit and I'm stumbling right into the next one.

And so I just want to forget. Sit on a beach and stare at the ocean, forgetting all my failures, my fears, regrets, longings.

Comments

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's just a series of hard days. I have em all the time.
    We do need to talk, and we need good, understanding counsel..and sometimes we don't get either one. Or our words come out wrong, or too many of them...

    You're human. I feel the same way often. Get into the word and look up verses on God's love, understanding, compassion. Ask for Him to forgive anything that is needed, and then forgive yourself and let it fly away. Rest in his grace, because he has tons of it for the humble who seek Him. Put on praise music, or find someone to pray or talk to you who won't leave you feeling worse. Nap. Watch a movie.
    Praying for you, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an amazing ability of not only making me feel much better but also of helping me see things more clearly. Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. Thanks for reminding me that I am human :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River