An Amazing Day

Some days are so amazing. Today was one of those kind. I am on a spiritual high for sure and feeling extremely happy. Had a wonderful time at church. A very nurturing day for me. We had communion, but first had our humility service (foot washing). There were several of us ladies in the small room. Some of the dearest people on the planet were in that little room today. My sister/friend was there, a very good friend of several years, my aunt/friend, and a very special newer friend that is struggling with cancer as well as my sweet sisters from church. It was a beautiful time. After we washed each other's feet, we joined hands and had prayer. I was holding my friend's hand that has cancer and after my sister prayed, I asked that I may say a prayer. And holding hands still, I prayed that God would be very near to my friend as she goes on Monday for another chemo treatment. That this is such a hard time. I prayed that God would be with her, that He would let her feel His presence there with her. I hugged her and she said," I am so glad I have you as a friend. I am so glad I came to this church." We assured her that we were also so happy she came to us too. Before leaving that little room, we all hugged and told each other that we loved each other. Ahh...it was so spiritual. Truly God's ideal for church. I don't recall it ever feeling quite as beautiful as it did today.

I was also able to help a friend dealing with a painful situation that she had to talk to the pastor about. This dear, sweet friend of mine, hurting. My sister, my aunt and I surrounded her after the meeting with the Pastor. Each hugging her and supporting her. All with tears in our eyes. When one hurts, we all hurt. What a bond we felt.

The Lord was definitely in our midst today. His love filling us in a special way. I pray that you may experience His nearness today. That if you're hurting, God will send someone to share that pain with you. And bring you love and comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River