My One Thing

Happy 2012 everyone! Hope this year is great and full of blessings for you. I didn't make the New Year's resolutions that I usually do. Such as eating healthier, spending more time with God, or being kinder, or being a better...you fill in the blank, etc. Seems those things are always on my mind to improve.

 The one thing I did decide to mark as a resolution was - to have  regular family devotions. Even if that only means 5 minutes with a devotional and prayer. That's the one thing I want to do. It's small and just my speed. This is the most important thing I've struggled with and have let go of, pretty much. So I am not placing high expectations on myself - just to do it. So last night we started a devotional. It was about making God first in your life and we enjoyed it. My kids are great, including my niece, Heather, who is like one of my own. They're at the age where they like to discuss what we're reading, so we had a good time talking about what it means to put God first. Love doing that.

At the end of this year, I want to look back and see the difference these few minutes with God, together, everyday, has made in our lives. I want to say...we did it!

So this is my first baby "step" of the year. I know more are coming. What is God putting on your heart to do this year?

* DAY 3  So far so good!!! I'll check in with you in 3 months...

                               

Comments

  1. I hope you and your family have a great and blessed New Year JoHanna. I have been reading both your blogs and their are some things that mirror what I would like to do also. Actually I was wondering if you got your bedroom straightened up?? I have, seems like forever, been trying to do the same. Only trouble is, it seems like the mess has gotten worse. Well, I will keep at it and conquer it............hopefully?? Actually, I also would like to spend more time with God. Unfortionately, I ended up last year on a wrong note and the Holy Spirit has kindly and patiently worked with me this past week to rectify it. And on this beautiful Sabbath at church I found out I was still loved and wanted. It's great that you feel like writing on how you feel. I did it a couple of times when I just couldn't figure out something and it was amazing how as I wrote God gave me answers. I will pray for your family devotionals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am glad to hear your problem at the end of the year turned out. Amazes me the love and forgiveness God has for us. Well the scoop on my room is not all bad news...what I have already done hasn't been undone, but yeah, it still needs work. I have to be in the right frame of mind to do that kind of stuff. When I'm done or make some kind of improvement, I'll blog about it. It's hard to do because I'd just rather do something else. I love this! Accountability! Now I will have to work on it! Thanks for reading and commenting. For me, getting rid of stuff and attempting to find a place for everything have been helpful with my room and anywhere else I've tried to organize. Good luck with your room.
    Speaking of my prayer journal, which I believe you were referring to, writing things down just really helps me process stuff. Not to mention a huge benefit is being able to look back, in times of discouragement, and see how God's been faithful. As well as finding his will...you can tie it all together. Thank you for your prayers. How is your cat? Hope he's doing better. We're praying for him :) And you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about doing something else instead of cleaning the bedroom. I did get my desk here around the computer straightened out. At least it is a start. Next thing I want to do is shred stuff, and then I just might be on a roll. I woke up with a cold this morning so I haven't been feeling all that swift today so haven't felt like doing anything, and I haven't. Casper was loosing weight every time I took him to the vet to get his claws trimmed. The vet said to try new foods so I started him on canned food and he took it and gained some weight, which I could feel when I picked him up. Since he stopped eating, he has lost all that weight. Today he got down some of the canned food which I pureed some and he ate all of it. Or should say licked all of it up. So far he has kept it down and I also saw him at the water bowl several times. He sleeps a good deal of the time. He is 17 1/2 years old. I know he is getting near the end of his life but I just pray for a little more time with him. As you can see on my blog how the catblogosphere rallies around when you ask them. It is so amazing but I say all the prayers are helping. The people on there are so terrific. Thank you for your prayers JoHanna, I really do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I noticed the way they all rallied around you. That's special :) Sounds like he's doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River