Top 3 Reasons I Keep a Prayer-Journal

I usually tell people about my prayer-journal while I'm sharing a story with them. I don't think I've inspired anyone, so far, to start keeping one, but here are the main reasons I keep one.

  1. To connect with God in a focused way. When I write in my journal, I am totally able to focus. I can block out other thoughts and noise. I basically write "letters" to God.
  2. To keep a record of His faithfulness in answering prayer. I can look back and see how God has answered prayers and how He's brought things together. I can really see His hand clearly working when I look back in my journal. Not to mention, it is a record of my life and I am able to go and look at things I normally would have forgotten.
  3. I process life with my pen, journal and God. Writing is very therapeutic. Knowing a loving God is there listening -  is healing. 
If you've never tried the whole prayer-journal thing, I want to encourage you to give it a shot. Yes, I know it's not for everyone, but it has really been a blessing to me. So I hope you will consider communicating with God in this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River