What to Do...

It's kind of hard being a Christian and finding the balance between being kind and speaking out against something you don't think is right. Normally I tend to want to jump up and say - hey that's not right!

Over the past year or two there have been problems with people in church. I have had problems. But now part of me wonders when enough is enough. If I speak up, it most likely won't change the outcome, but will cause an ugly wound to open back up again. I will face attitudes and it will all just keep on going.

Last year, I left for a couple of months and went to another church, basically sorting things out and praying for God's will. He answered and I know, without a doubt, that He wants me in this church. I have limited contact with the people I had problems with, so that I will be able to be kind.  And things have really improved.

I wonder if I am being "selfish" to just let it be. A part of me simply does not want the drama. A part of me wants to let it all play out and pray about it and if there is a problem then it's on the people that set it all in motion. Or am I responsible because I want to keep quiet? If leaders know the issues, are they not responsible? I know if I say anything it would just be viewed as me being vindictive...so another one of those hard questions.

So I think, well maybe I will be gracious and stay securely in my corner. Maybe I will do the work God has for me to do and put the people and their issues in God's hands. Maybe by my grace, they will be helped in their growth. And I will be blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River