My Church

Feeling stressed a little this week. People are coming out of the wood work asking me to do things I'm not completely comfortable with. I think Someone may be trying to give me a comfort-zonectomy!!! But I like to do it on my own schedule...my own time. What I need to do is determine what God wants me to do and what people want. And then do what God wants. He knows my willingness, my pace and my limits.

I am excited for my church...switching gears a little here. For so many years my small church has had problems. We've been through a lot. I have not always stayed, thought maybe our church in the next town would be better. For awhile it was a nice change, but I knew I needed to be here supporting the church I love, that was struggling. The church that really needed me. So when I came back, it was in the hopes that the Lord would send people, leaders, to help us. To help change things. No church is free of problems and ours isn't, but I see such a huge improvement. I see the Spirit working. There is so much love. People that have left are coming back and new people are joining.

We've recently been without a pastor for quite awhile and our conference was trying to decide what to do with us. We were in a district with two other small churches. They decided to put us in a district with a larger church instead, which means we would share their pastor, which is where we are now. Except because of the negative rap we've gotten in the past, they have decided to watch us to see if they want to actually put us officially with the larger church or...just let us die. The pastor is over-seeing us. I don't think they have ever heard good things about us. It's unfair, really. Lately our church has been changing so much. I can really see God in it. And a man (that I knew a few years back in another church) is joining that said the reason he came was because he heard about what was going on and wanted to help us. He even said that if they closed our church and put the church and parsonage up for sale, he would even consider buying it...that was after I told him that if they shut this church down - we'd start a new one. We need a church in our town. So I know the Lord is working here. I feel it - things are happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River