Another Reason to Marvel




I had a wonderful time today, with my small group that meets at my home. There are six of us now that my daughter is home and has joined us, which I am thrilled about. We've been doing a study on prayer for quite a few weeks now and last week we were talking about the Holy Spirit. Which led into spiritual gifts. So I thought it would be fun for all of us to take the spiritual gifts quiz this week.

So we swerved off our normal path and had a party with blueberry and banana-nut muffins, fruit and juice and of course spiritual gifts! It was a lot of fun. Especially seeing the joy everyone had when discovering their gifts. Yes - that's my idea of a great time! As each one read off their top 3 gifts, I could so recognize their gifts in them. Since it was appropriate to the occasion, I had my daughter read a previous post I had written around christmastime, called "Gifts".

My experience with spiritual gifts has been very rewarding. I prayed a lot that God would reveal them to me. And with that mind-set, I began experimenting with different ones. If I were asked to do something at church, I'd try it to see how it would go. I did lots of things that I wasn't gifted for. And that's okay. I read lots of books, as well. Today, I recognize my gifts, for the most part. After finding out what your gifts are, then it's good to pray about how God wants you to use them for building up the body of Christ. I tried several different things out. Some of them extremely satisfying and falling into where my passion is. And others were harder to do. It's a really exciting journey. LOVE IT!!!

If you'd like to find more out about spiritual gifts - just google it and voila!! Tons of good stuff pops up. You can also read about it in "Gifts" on here. There are lots of gifts tests online as well. Happy discovering!!

This is just another reason to marvel at our wonderful God!

Comments

  1. It was fun taking the spiritual gifts test. and then finding out what my spiritual gifts are. i like that you wrote about it here.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy! So glad you enjoyed yourself, too! Thanks for reading and for your comment! Nice to know God has given us special gifts and abilities, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So what are your gifts and how are you using them?

      Delete
  3. EXHORTATION: Rom. 12:8 - to come along side of someone with words of encouragement, comfort, consolation, and counsel to help them be all God wants them to be (Greek Word: paraklesis - calling to one's side)

    I typically use this in my kids/youth class at church as well as with the ladies that are in my small group. And if anyone else needs a little encouragement.

    PASTOR: Eph. 4:11 - to be responsible for spiritually caring for, protecting, guiding, and feeding a group of believers entrusted to one’s care.

    Again I use this one by just looking out for people in my class and small group. Definitely there's a difference between our church pastors and someone with the gift.

    FAITH: 1 Cor. 12:8-10 - to be firmly persuaded of God's power and promises to accomplish His will and purpose and to display such a confidence in Him and His Word that circumstances and obstacles do not shake that conviction.

    I see this one in myself not because of anything that I came up with but by God answering lots of prayers. I usually share stories about those and help people connect the dots.

    How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River