Carob Fudge...Huh?

Good news of the day!! I met with my Bible study group and one lady informed me that carob fugde is NOT candy! You see, at potluck after church, I absentmindedly gulped down one very extremely luscious piece, only to panic later - going - is that considered candy?! Sounds a bit pathetic, but I'm really trying to stick to my fast (from candy). So I was relieved when I was informed that since carob is not chocolate and is very good for you, it's not real candy! The recipe actually is a very healthy one with only a few ingredients and that stuff is good!! Not all carob recipes are as good as this one :)

1 1/2 c. carob chips
1/2 tbsp. margerine
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
1/2 c. coconut,flaked (unsweetened)

Mix the carob chips, margerine, and peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to melt. Stir in the coconut and walnuts. Pour into a 9 by 9 inch buttered pan. Put in the refrigerator. Set until ready to serve. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Yum!!

To see the benefits of carob, click - here.

I've gotta make some of this stuff!!!

Comments

  1. Wouldn't have mattered if it was candy--God already gives you an A+ for what you're doing! It isn't what you're fasting, but what you're fasting for that's important :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River