Carried

A couple of years ago, my son was having to go through his lung surgery and I was so stressed and so scared. I felt like I couldn't do much but just be in the moment and it felt like I was sort of being carried along. I felt helpless and so dependent on God. He saw me through it. He carried me every step of the way. I look back and marvel at all the miracles He did for us then. He opened the right doors and provided what we needed. During that time, I got a glimpse of a very powerful and involved God. He cared so much for us.

I have a lot of stuff going on in my life right now. With my husband leaving, I feel so overwhelmed, kind of like when my son was going through his surgery. So as I sit here feeling the stress, the tension, I am hoping for His will and plan to be worked out in my life, though it's rough.

But I am just standing here. I give up. I give up the fear, the what ifs, the worries. And what I am saying now is...if I sink, I sink. It would be better than continuing to stay where I am. I'm so tired of repeating the same thing over and over. The same pain, the same anger, the same sickening fear. The same old pattern. But in my heart, I don't think God will let me fall. I believe He is holding me up even as I write this. This has been my constant struggle and fear for many years and God has had much to say to me about it.

And so today I am just living in the moment. Trying not to worry. Trusting in God. Because if He is real, (and I know He is) then His promises are as well. And He has promised to help me through this.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43:2



For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

He has set everything in place to enable this to happen, because it needs to. He has strengthened my faith in Him and developed my trust. Not that I have perfect faith or trust, I don't. I feel very weak and dependent on Him for everything right now. And it's only by His grace and presence and constant guidance that I am to this place. But in a sense, I feel like I'm being carried along.



Comments

  1. He is your father and he wants what's best for you. You wouldn't want your daughter to be stuck in a miserable situation--and neither does he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And being carried along by Jesus will make it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I appreciate your support :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River