Life Journal - entry 1

I guess right now I really need this blog as an outlet - to write about the things I'm going through. I journal life. It's hard to write about much else right now.

One thing I'd like to say is that it's hard to have your life fall apart in full veiw of the church. Like you can't just go quietly find a corner for it to happen in, no it's got to happen where you feel like a spectacle. You know people talk; people judge. People have their opinions... I have several in my inner-circle that are supportive and understanding, but I know there are those that don't get it. I am comfortable enough in my church to not really care too much about that. They can think what they want. But I do have to put on a face and pretend everything's okay. So what else is new? I am a master of disguise, unfortunately. Some days it's not really an act. Some days I really am okay, in spite of what's happening. And others, well I get a little down. But I think church helps me more than anything, staying busy with the kids and watching them enjoy themselves and grow, blesses me.

Seems things are happening in s-l-o-w  m-o-t-i-o-n. He's still working on getting a place, maybe it will be today. Different options keep popping up. So I feel like I can't really start my life again until he's not here.

It's strange, I don't really know what my life is going to look like, feel like, once this happens. We've been together for a long time, 17 years, and I am a way different person now. All I can say is it hasn't been a happy relationship. So I am looking forward to rest and peace. I am looking forward to freedom to live without dealing with the chaos. I am excited to see the difference there will be.

There are some things I have to work out, but I know the Lord will provide what we need. This is a step of faith for me as I don't feel very confident. But I know this is His will for us. He has led in obvious ways in order for me to trust Him.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

Over the past few years God has been working things out. Answering prayers that would allow me to do this. From where we now live, to the fact that my kids can ride the bus to school, to me trusting Him to provide what we need. It has been a slow process, only God knows why. But we are here now and I am ready to do this thing with God.

Maybe someday I will share some of the stories about how God has led. Right now I just need to write about this transition I am going through.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart and being real. It's hard to be a real person and a Christian. Like you said, we all have times when our 'walls' are up and our disguises are on.
    But we only need to fear God, not man.
    Nope, church isn't perfect. Just a hospital for sick people. Unfortunately, some don't remember that they are sick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River