Peaceful Dwelling Places

Well the husband has left the building...four nights ago. I saw him yesterday and was reminded of why this is a good thing. Can I call him my ex now? I keep trying to wrap my head around that. I keep thinking of things that I am free to do. Not that I was totally controlled but there were certain things that I would refrain from out of respect for him.
I am feeling somewhat nervous about the new things I will be doing and praying for God's help with them. But I am also feeling this incredible sense of freedom that I haven't experienced in years! Really it's almost like a brand-new start and I am trusting God will help me with the hard stuff as it comes up. I am now living in what was the "other side" for so long. Finally I am here. And believe me, it hasn't been easy getting here. God has brought me here from answering prayers to really working everything out, to giving me the faith I would need to trust Him for the things I don't understand; the things I can't see. Did He just magically hand me over faith? No, He did things to show me how big and powerful He is. Real things in my life. Showing me human boundaries don't count, can't block what He wants to happen. In other words, He showed me He is in control. Oh, it's been such a long, long road.

I have been going through a lot of emotional stuff the past couple of weeks. Today, I feel pretty good. For a few days I was really letting what people think get to me. There are just those people that are going to judge you. They will compare your situation with theirs. They will say what they'd do. They will sympathize with the wrong side. Not knowing a thing about what's gone on. I heard...oh the devil's destroying families (because of divorce). Okay? I seriously am giving God the credit for making it possible for me to be out of this relationship. So for a day or two I was really angry. Who are they to talk? What do they know? They haven't walked in my shoes. They have no idea about the constant love, support and compassion God has given me, over the years, as I've dealt with the heartache.  And then those familiar words came to mind...Father forgive them, they know not what they do. After that, I had peace, realizing that I have a lot of support. What matters the most, to me, is what God thinks anyway.

I am being called to "step out in faith"- to trust God with everything. I don't have a solid plan, but am relying on Him to guide me each step of the way. And He is so faithful.

The house is quiet. Peaceful. I'm reveling in the fact that I have a new life and appreciating the support of those around me.

My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.
Isaiah 32:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River