Anchor

Adjusting to my new life has been interesting. Things are definitely different. The atmosphere changed dramatically around here.

I still feel a lot of stress and am having to try HARD to trust in God, but I know that I am doing this according to His will and plan for my life. He has been with me this far. I know I can count on Him to continue being with me.

There are some things I am putting off doing that I know I need to do. I feel better about them now that I read an article which gives you permission to do just that. Deal with things when you're ready. So I will.

I've surprised myself that I haven't let the lawn die and that I didn't, when I was mowing the back "field" this morning. Somehow the garbage can actually makes it out to the road before garbage day, too, which sort of amazes me. I've been working on organizing things around the house and it seems easier to keep clean. It feels more like "home" now.

My kids have been spending a lot of time at their older sister's place and so it's been really quiet and peaceful around here at night. That has been an unexpected surprise since I was always with them. But I'm sure it's good for us.

My middle daughter, 13, asked me last night,"Do you think you and dad will ever get back together?" I said, "Nope, we don't get along." Then I said, "So I guess you asked him that, too?" She said that she did and his answer was"no, because we're not compatible". Of course we don't want to drag our kids into the middle of our problems, but there was A LOT more to it than simply being "incompatible".

I have some supportive friends and wow, that really helps. It is also nice to come here and be able to "talk" about it and receive encouragement.

It's hard because everything is different. And things will continue to change and morph into something I'm not too sure of right now. So it's kinda scary. It feels like everything is up in the air; in limbo. I wonder when or if things will ever feel..."normal"--whatever that means.

One thing really hasn't changed for me and that's church. It's been a real anchor for me. I go there every week. I teach my kids. I take food for potluck. I see people I love. I am enthusiastically greeted by the warmest handshakes and hugs; the brightest smiles; the tenderest hearts. I sing and pray and learn and am filled with joy in the presence of God and my church family--week in and week out. What a comfort!

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colosians 3:16

Comments

  1. Beautiful verse. :) I'm so glad that your church family has been there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a small church, but they have been great. Just the fact that they're always there every week, is so nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River