Never Say Good-Bye

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~Kahlil Gibran

My sister and her family are moving away--all the way to Florida! In just a little over a week, we'll all be saying our good-byes. I thought a while back that it wouldn't be so tough, but the closer it gets to the time, the more I know it's going to be a really hard thing to do.

Why do people always have to say good-bye? Almost seems like that's what life is all about. Nothing stays the same. Today someone may be in your life and tomorrow they're gone. I know there are ways to keep in touch, but it's just not the same.

So many people have walked into my life, some of them staying quite awhile, while others, staying just for a brief visit. And many leave. I hold their memory close and think of them often.

Some I will not see until eternity and others, I pray to one day find. Old friends, childhood friends I've somehow lost track of. I wonder about these. What are they doing? who have they become? where are they? are they okay?

The ones that leave make me really appreciate those I still have in my day-to-day life. I need to treasure the time I have with them, because one day, for one reason or another, they may also have to say good-bye.

Only One is guaranteed to never say good-bye. Wherever I go, He is always with me. He is with those I love and those I've lost and those I'm searching for. He is even with those that have not yet walked into my life.

I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River