Enough Rope

All it took was one week out until he has hooked up with an old girlfriend. They are making plans to meet. Yep, it's all over Facebook for all to see. As much as I know that our relationship needed to be over and I am glad it is, this is still hard to see. It still hurts a lot.

I know that really he is doing me a favor by doing this, because it frees me to remarry someday--according to biblical standards, but it still hurts. To be so quickly forgotten and replaced. I knew he didn't care, this just proves it. I was waiting for this to happen. Looking for it, actually, but didn't expect it to be so soon. My friend said...give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself.

So right now I am in a really hard place. I knew this friend request was sitting unaccepted for over a year. I believe he knew all along that when he accepted it, this would happen. I wonder just how long this was in his mind.

Please pray for me. This has just made a hard thing much harder.


Comments

  1. Aw. Praying for you Johanna.
    Dear Jesus. Help my friend know that YOU will never leave her or forsake her. That YOU are completely enamored with pure love for her. That you can be trusted. That this is a life where we mingle and get kicked at; a world of sinners that need your grace. We being that also. You being that merciful forgiving One who redeems and picks up back up, again.

    Help Johanna bask in your love and loyalty and in the way you pursue without end. Give the ability to get better and not bitter. We all know that in the second we drink a poison that we think will hurt someone else. Not true.

    Give her a song and a heart of peace and she lays it all down at your feet and walks in freedom. In Christ, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your pain. I've been there, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Your support is truly a blessing to me. I know God has a plan here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johanna,

    I finished reading through your blog posts and saw what was going on with your husband. I'm so sorry. *hugs* I'm sorry that you have to go through something so hard. But I'm also so grateful to see how God is working in your life, how He has been preparing you to deal with tough situations. I just sent up a prayer for you and I asked God to keep showing His presence in your life and to give you strength.

    Have a blessed Sabbath, friend. :)
    ~Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement--it means the world to me. Thank you also for your prayers and for hanging out and reading my blog :) it's the support that I have received here that has deeply touched my heart. God is so good to send friends like you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River