Reassured

Today, I am in awe of God. I have had a lot of anxiety lately and even doubts have tried to creep in about my whole relationship with Him. About how He speaks to me, about what He says and does in my life. But today, He has shown me He means what He says and that His promises are true. That our relationship is as real as if He were standing right in front of me.

Recently, I had felt a little mocked about how God and I relate to each other, causing me to feel a little awkward about it and maybe even almost causing me to second guess what is so real in my everyday life. But God has reassured me, again, that this is real and true.

I have often asked myself why I feel so close to Him. And all I can say is He has been here to keep me from becoming totally discouraged in the circumstances I have been in. I think He's had to become closer over the past few years as things in my life have just gotten worse and harder to handle emotionally. So I know that beautiful things truly do come out of bad situations. And I can even say, it has been so worth it. I could not have known Him as I do now, had I not experienced His presence and love in my hardest times.

Everyone's experience is different. And He reveals Himself to you in His own way--just the way you need Him to. For me, He has been so incredibly present, giving hope where I had none. So He's my hero.

I hope that no matter where you are in your spiritual journey with God, that you would seek after Him with your whole heart, that you would pursue Him with everything you've got and if you're in a hard situation, that you would just know--He NEVER lets go of you.




A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Comments

  1. Johanna, I am so sorry for the difficult choices you have had to make recently. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I really appreciate that :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River