Devastated :(

I'll be glad when all of this is over and far, far into the past! The ex is threatening not to let the girls go to church on HIS weekend. Before we finished the divorce, while we were "agreeing" on stuff, I told him I didn't have a problem with him having the girls every other weekend, but they still had to go to church. He totally agreed to that. But now he's making threats and going back on his word. Yes, this is the only thing he has to use to hurt me with and I told him it's the girls he's hurting. Then he threw out there that He might take them to church in a different town. That's doubtful.

When I first became a Christian, Savannah was only a year and a half, Sophie was five months and Mandie wasn't even born yet. Since I began taking them, they've rarely missed a day in church. Mandie was in church since conception. She came out singing hymns! Since we belong to a small church, I have had the privilege of spending years teaching my own kids' Sabbath school classes. I'm teaching them now as youth and I taught them as babies and toddlers. For ALL these years it has been my goal and aim to bring my kids to God's house every week, to spiritually nurture them. I have been actively involved in their spiritual growth. So this is completely devastating to me.

I am really praying for God to intervene in the situation so my girls can continue to go to church every week. Please pray with me for this. I would so appreciate it.

God is in control.

Comments

  1. Oh no!!!!! That's terrible *hugs* I sent up a prayer for you! Don't ever forget that God is with the girls constantly and that He will guard their spiritual lives even if your ex tries to hinder. :( :( I prayed for a change of heart on his end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Cassandra. I need to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex has messed things up for my children so much. Hope yours can be stopped. I pray God will stop him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is comfort in knowing that even when things seem too big and too painful and too hard and too impossible, that we serve a God who is bigger and stronger and wiser and more powerful than anything we could possibly be up against. We serve the God of POSSIBLE! And his word says that all things work together for good for those who love him. There is comfort in knowing that he's got your back and he loves your children even more than you do. Please cast your cares upon the Lord and know that he knows and he cares and he's there and he will never leave you or forsake you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christa! I am going to take your words to heart. You have truly made me feel so much better by just reminding me of what God's word says! I'm thinking you have a real gift in the area of encouragement! Thanks again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River