How He Loves

Did I really sound so excited and enthused in my last post?

Surely NOT feeling that way now! My trust in God is sorely being tested right now. My whole plan is crumbling....so I am praying for the Lord to show me what to do now. To show me His plan for me. Things really began falling apart on Thursday. On Friday, I decided to try to give it to God.

At church, I asked for a prayer request during the service. I told them I needed guidance, wisdom and strength because I was stressed-out and had a lot of stuff going on in my life and was facing hard decisions. After prayer, it was time for special music. And God just showed up in an amazing way! He played "our song" to me, through a young guy that goes to my church. When I heard the name of the song announced, I just knew God was saying, "Don't worry, Johanna. I am here with you and everything is going to be alright. I love you".

You see for the past three years, I was really struggling in the relationship. We were separated once during that time and I just had a lot of really hard things I was going through. At the beginning of the three years, I first heard this song. It described perfectly the way I felt and the way God never left me alone, but that He always would show up (like an unforeseen kiss), in so many real ways and bring comfort and hope to me in the darkest times--reminding me that He was right there with me. And so when I'd hear that song unexpectedly, I felt so close to God and knew it was going to be okay.

So there I was yesterday, feeling like the bottom was falling out and "our song" came on...in my fairly conservative church. It was acoustic. Later, at our youth program, I shared the story of how God played "our song", right when I needed it the most. The young guy's mother said that she had tried to convince him to sing another song, but he insisted on this one. I wanted him to know that God came to me through that song.






I am constantly amazed how God knows us so intimately and loves us with such a sweetness that nothing can compare.

Comments

  1. That is such a beautiful song. And sings such truth. He really does love us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River