Nudged By God

Today, I gathered my three girls together and read two Bible verses to them and prayed for them to be safe while they're away from me this weekend. Then I hugged them good-bye. They're staying with their dad and going to church with him in a nearby city. I think this is the first Sabbath I have spent alone.

After they left, I came across a quote by a religious author about the importance of having family worship daily, morning and evening. I was going to share it tonight at our prayer vespers, but found something else. Funny, when I got there, another lady brought a story to read called-Family Prayer. So I dug my quote out and shared it. I had been praying about what God was calling me to do. And this is it! Once again! I don't know why I so struggle with this simple thing, but I DO!! For the New Year, I wanted this to be the only thing I was going to do and it's been terribly neglected. God is nudging me to pick it back up again. I wish this was easier for me, I wish it came more naturally. I am going to have to struggle through it.

I know we as a family need to draw closer to God and each other. I have a good feeling about this, though.

What do you struggle with in your relationship with God or your devotional life? I'd love to hear about it.


Comments

  1. I struggle with feeling like what I do matters or if I am just going through the motions. I pray every day, read my Bible every morning, but I sometimes wonder if it is making a difference in my life. I ask God to mold me into His character but I still fail by being selfish, getting angry, pouting, etc. I feel like I've matured some but still have a hard time acting lady like, gentle, with a spirit of love. It's a daily struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe, one day, God will open your eyes to what your prayers have accomplished through faith!

    Our sins and faults help us see our need of the Savior. Keep striving! I need to make God first priority in my life. That's awesome that you have that time with Him everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River