Wishin' on Stars



A new phenomenon that has been occuring, this summer, is that my mom comes over and we sit out in my yard and talk until it gets pretty late. This has been a wonderful therapy for me. For her, too. We get a chance to go over our problems and actually laugh a lot. It's been really nice. She's fairly recently divorced, as well, and so we find a lot of interesting things to talk about. It's nice to have someone handy to vent to, run ideas by or just ask advice from.

Lately, we've been seeing lots of shooting stars while sitting in my yard. So lots of wishes have been made. At least by me. Maybe my wishes are half-wish and half-prayer. Either way, I always hope they come true!

Luckily, God doesn't always give us what we pray for. Thankfully, every wish wished upon a shooting star is not granted. I'm so glad God's in charge and that He gives us what we really need and not just every whim our hearts imagine.

I have experienced much of His discretion in my life lately. There have been things I've wanted, things I thought were part of His plan and as I'd pray and be ready to plunge in, He'd go...whoa, wait a minute and stop me right in my tracks. Once realizing the mistake I was about to make, and the love God has for me in stopping me, I am always so thankful. I am really learning that God can be trusted. Even though it feels disappointing at times, I'd rather follow God's plans than my own.

So do I still believe in wishes and dreams and answered prayer? I do. And I wish on every falling star, knowing that the maker of that star, grants it according to what He sees is best.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River