How Big is Your God?

How big is your God?

How small is your box you keep Him in?

One thing that bothers me is when people limit God.

They try to make Him fit their ideas instead of realizing that He can act in unusual ways.

The Bible is full of examples of freak and weird things God has done.

Like Jonah being swallowed by a fish, or lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt. How about Balaam's talking donkey?

God does not always fit into a neat little package tied with a bow.

I haven't shared, with many, some of the highly unconventional ways God has worked in my life. Some of the promises He's made to me would cause others to raise an eyebrow.

God sees the whole big picture and acts accordingly--whether or not it fits into someone's preconceived ideas and rules of what God "can" do or say.

Four years ago, I went to Campmeeting, seeking God with all my heart. I was struggling so much under the burden of my miserable marriage. I spent much time in prayer over it and for the first time God showed up in a wonderfully personal and supernatural way. What He told me, on that mountain, was that He was going to deliver me. It has been 4 years since that time and He has done just that. There were lots of things in my life that had to line up. God spent that time working behind the scenes getting everything ready, setting everything into motion for this time right now. I am overwhelmed by the God who sees--don't ever think God doesn't see what you're going through, don't ever think for one minute that He doesn't care, because He does.

I will be sharing, in several small posts, the amazing and sometimes way out of the box ways in which God has worked in my life.

Comments

  1. I look forward to hearing more about how God has worked in your life. :) I'm so glad that He has delivered you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God fills all creation, he cannot fit in a box. I love the Baalam's Donkey story. I can just imagine a donkey talking back to me. I talk to the geese and cats around outside all the time and if they talk back to me in my language would be so neat. Sometimes I feel the geese talk back anyway in their quacks and honks. And of course the cat's in their meows.

    I almost got to see you last sabbath. I was going to go to Corning but Rosie called and needed a ride to church so I picked her up and took her home. I will make it someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River