When God Closes One Door...

This morning started out so good. I was feeling very content for a change, just breathing and thinking...life is good. Then the school called. And blew my good and peace-filled morning. My daughter isn't adjusting well to high school. I don't want to go into detail, to protect her privacy, but it seems it may be time for a change. And me and change don't really get along so well. So I've had a worried, heavy, mother's heart all day. Please pray that God would make it evident what should be done. I know He already has it all figured out, but I am just a worry-wart.

A couple nights ago my daughter and I watched "The Sound of Music." The part that really stands out to me about that movie is the saying - when God closes a door, He always opens a window. I love that saying and I believe it. This morning as I was looking for a quote for Facebook, I came across one by Hellen Keller - When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. I posted it a little while before the school called.

Later, my oldest daughter was driving home from the college she goes to and stopped to check out another school situation in a nearby town and as far as it looks this could be a real possibility. Still in the midst of all of this. Still more info to gather before making any decisions. Please pray for us. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Thank you! Things are looking up. My daughter has decided to try the other school. It's a charter school and is home-based. But she will go to classes twice a week probably. It still needs to be worked out. But I think it's God's plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River