Valentine Cards

Yesterday, I overheard my youngest daughter (nine-years-old) having a conversation on the phone with a friend from school. It was quiet in our house - for once - and so I could hear her friend on the other end, as well.

Friend - "Hey are you going to give Maria a Valentine card?"

Mandie - "Uh...yeah, I'm giving one to the whole class. Besides that would be kind of mean."

Friend - "Oh, well I wanted to know if you guys weren't gonna give her one because then I wouldn't."

I was proud to hear Mandie doing the right thing so easily.

The thought that first came to mind when I heard her say that was - I wonder what would happen if we all handled things like that?

To put other people's feelings first.

I think I am going to try this.

                                     
                                     HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!




                                           
                                                                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River