A Little Reminder

Today, God reminded me of something. He has a plan for me. Sometimes it's uncomfortable and confusing. So we've been doing the prayer-meeting and I actually survived leading out. The other two that were helping have had things happening which have kept them from being able to help.

I've been feeling the pressure from taking on new things, plus my fear wants to linger, at times. So this week I have been thinking that since the two aren't able to help, then maybe we should just forget it. Last week at my Sabbath school class I teach for the junior and youth age, I had a kid visit and say he wanted to join the youth group. He had heard from a young guy from church that Friday night was a youth program. I explained that it was a prayer-meeting and that I wanted to start having a youth night at church in a couple of weeks. So then I thought - I can't do all of this. This morning I tried to quit, but some that have been going, really want it to continue. We decided that if people could help me out so I wasn't doing all the talking and if it were very simple (no preparation), then maybe we could keep it going and I could have something oriented for the youth every other Saturday night. During the week a bible verse came to mind about using your talents and abilities and being accountable for what you've done with them...it says - You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Mathew 25:23. And I thought well maybe because I tend to have groups, show up week in and week out, maybe I am supposed to do this thing. And then I thought - well maybe I am just going to get overwhelmed.

So I have been praying a lot over this. Today I came home and opened my lesson book for my class in the morning, I looked down and the first thing I read was...

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

I just laughed to myself and said, "God You are soo funny!"


Comments

  1. What a great reminder! Sometimes it's hard to know which talents we are supposed to develop and where they are to be used. But God is faithful to guide!

    I've been away from home for 9 weeks so I'm catching up on blog posts. You'll probably get a few comments from me. :)

    Hope all is well with you!
    ~Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cassandra, for reading my blog :) Yes, God is faithful! It's pretty exciting being led by Him.

    Hope you're doing okay--I know you've been helping your father-in-law during his illness.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River