What You Said Then

I am amazed
I ask questions and You answer
You see through all the ways I hide
And speak straight to my heart

Sometimes it's so foggy, I can't find my way
What to say, what to think
But You show me the way
Bring cheer on the darkest day
And when doubt starts creeping in, You tell me again
You tell me again

A different day
But the message is the same
10 years is a long time to wait
On a promise that seems too late
But what you said then
You're saying today

I sit here and wait
My eyes are tired
My heart hesitates
But what you said then
You're saying today
It's not too late
It's not too late

Comments

  1. It's awesome to put a thing in God's hand and then, watch it bloom--even years later. Because He choose for it to bloom. It was His desire. He wants to bless us, and sometimes it's in the waiting and giving up that He blesses. But God..
    He never ceases to awe us. Doesn't stop at answering prayer, but he understands our very heart. Doesn't stop at investing, but he dies for us so we can live. Watching him, waiting on him, being part of something wonderful he is doing...well, there's just nothing like it. It is sunshine in our souls.
    Dear Lord, bless Johanna in such a rich way that she can only be astonished with your love for her. As she honors you privately, may you cause her to shine brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful encouragement. I'm taking it to heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River