What Do You Really Want?

In the Wizard of Oz, the Tin Man wanted a heart, the Cowardly Lion wanted courage, the Scarecrow wanted a brain and Dorothy just wanted to go home.

Been thinking. About what I really want.

One thing I wish I had was fearlessness. To not be hounded and chased by fear. To be able to think of something and not have fear get in the way. To be able to do whatever comes along, peacefully. But it seems wishing doesn't work for this one. No - facing the fear head on and doing what you fear, sometimes repeatedly, is the only way to overcome. And that is hard and so scary.

Another thing I wish I had was more trust and faith in God. I have a BIG God and He has promised to care for me. So why do I fret so much? Why do I worry?

I also would like to have the ability to do more for the people that are hurting and struggling. To do more to reach out to the very poor, the homeless, the widows and orphans, the abused, lonely, unloved and forgotten. I wish I could do more.

One last thing...I would like for my family to draw closer together and to God and follow Him more closely.

What do you really want? What are the things you struggle with? that maybe you'd prefer to be rid of? What would you like to improve on? or add to your life? I'd love to hear about it :)

Comments

  1. What do I want?
    I want complete contentment in Christ, no wavering. I want God to change my thoughts and give me confidence and change my words to kindness and grant me ultimate discretion.
    I want to be a godly woman.
    I want to fear God over man. I have to not care so much about what people say but what my Lord says. Period.
    Truth? I would really like contentment over this, but in my heart of hearts I would like to prolong my season of childbearing. I am not ready to move on to gray and no pregnancies...
    but I will if that's His plan. And I know he can change my wayward heart.
    Sorry to gush. You just asked a really good question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to be sorry, thanks for sharing your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish for the same things as you - greater trust, less fear, a better relationship with family and with God. I think these things develop over time but they take perseverance and effort. Sometimes it's easier to be lazy but life isn't as good when you don't push forward in relationships and character development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cassandra, for sharing your answers. We definitely need to persevere!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River