A Time of Waiting

There is something that I believe God said to me many years ago. I asked Him a question. A very serious and heartfelt question. I believe He answered me from His word, directly. I know that may sound crazy to some of you, but I was a new Christian, in a desperate situation. The question I asked was so important to me, that I asked for His answer to me, to be confirmed in a dream. I prayed that He would tell me a certain detail, at a certain time, in a dream and it happened at the exact time I asked for. That was 10 years ago, this month. Yes it's been a long time. But the issue that I prayed about is an ongoing thing and so I have waited and doubted and waited and doubted. And waited and wondered.

Throughout these years, I have prayed about this same thing many, many times, always receiving the same consistent answer in many different ways. A very consistent and obvious answer. But one I have to wait for. So that's what's been happening for the past 10 years. And life goes on, but the answer is always tucked away in the back of my mind. Like a seed, ready to sprout...someday. It is a promise, waiting.

Why? I've wondered numerous times. Why is this happening? Only time can tell. I've been all over the place on this one. Maybe it's not really true. Maybe it wasn't God answering all these prayers that started with that one. But then I think of the times that I prayed about it and all the answers that helped me. Always pointing me back to the promise.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced something like this. A promise and a time of waiting? What I think is happening, is that God has a time-table and has promised a certain event and as I have doubted, He keeps reminding me that it's coming, hold on.

Comments

  1. When I was first saved, I had a series of visions and felt very strongly that I got a word from God. It's remained "tucked in my mind" for a very, very long time... 32 years! I've wondered many times if I was wrong or misinterpreted things, but even so, I have walked by faith and let that vision play a big part in shaping my life. Maybe will will come to pass, or maybe not. I had to give it up and say "God's timing is perfect and his thoughts are not my own". He knows what he's doing so I'll just wait. But waiting is SO hard! So I don't have anything else to tell you, except, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You sound like me! Glad there's someone out there that understands how I feel. Hope I don't have to wait 32 years!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River