My Angel



From what dangers, seen and unseen, we have been preserved through the interposition of the angels, we shall never know, until in the light of eternity we see the providences of God. Desire of Ages 240.


This was what we discussed at prayer-meeting last week. Guardian angels. What an amazing thought. There are mighty angels watching over every move we make and intervening, at times, on our behalf. I sometimes sit here and wonder what my angel thinks of my life. Of the way I do things. I wonder if he cheers for me when I overcome or do the right thing. How does he feel when I mess up? What does he think when he sees me hurting? Or worried or happy? I think he weeps with me and rejoices with me.


Someday, I'll meet him and hear about all the times he stepped in and saved my life, keeping me alive because it just wasn't my time to go yet. Someday I'll hear about my life as seen through his eyes. How strange and wonderful that will be. He'll say, "Hey remember that one time when...?" And I'll go, "Oh yeah! That was you?!"


I'm sure he has communicated much with God on my behalf, taking my prayers to the Lord and bringing answers. What'll be so awesome is to see how my prayers for others were answered and what part the angels played in that.  I think I'll be in for a lot of surprises.


How often I've wished for just a glimpse of my angel. I look forward to the conversations we'll have in eternity. I look forward to thanking him for protecting me and being such a wonderful worker for God.


Are not the angels all ministering spirits, servants sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?” (AMP)  Hebrews 1:14 “



Comments

  1. Guardian angels, a gift from God. :)

    i don't think i was there at that meeting. i don't remember for sure thou.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River