My Umbrella


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  Psalm 5:11


Life is strange. One day it's bright and sunny and safe; the next it's cloudy and stormy and your scurrying to find an umbrella.

Maybe for some of you, you live in a place that has mild weather all the time. Or most of the time. That's a blessing. I have a cousin that seems to have it like that. She's happy and content and does what she does, living life simply. Things go along and flow smoothly, for the most part. I said to her one day, after telling her of my most recent drama, "I sure do seem to have a lot of chaos in my life". There's always something going on. Am I just a magnet for problems? Is it my personality? Do I create it? Or just allow it? I usually have good intentions, whatever the cause.

So today, the sun is shining and it's a really beautiful day - outside. But I am looking for my umbrella. My shelter from another storm that has come my way.


I've got a long history of stormy weather and I'm tired of trying to "learn to dance in the rain". Maybe it's a ridiculous dream to have, to think or to even imagine living in a peaceful calm. Where the occasional thunderstorm is just needed to add a little thrill.


When life becomes a constant source of bad weather, the clouds can really take their toll. There's only one place I can go.

 

In joy and pain 
In sun and rain 
You're the same 
Oh, You never let go 

Comments

  1. With such a lovely umbrella, I think I could enjoy that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice song :)The stormy weather will end when the Lord comes to take us home. until then the Lord will see us through. He loves us so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference God Makes

Old Houses

Down By the River