Worth Passing Along

In church today we there were lots of kids in our class! We're growing and I think it's awesome! Our church has had problems for awhile and I finally see that things are turning around for us. I am so thankful. It does something tremendous to my heart to be able to have the opportunity to influence kids for God. Show them the right path and help them along on their journeys. Oh if they can get it young, what a lot of heart-ache they could avoid.

I wasn't raised in a Christian home, but exposed to church a little. I got into a lot of trouble and was into heavy metal and very rebellious. My home life wasn't stable. I messed up in school. I seriously wonder what could have been different if I would have had someone like who I am now guiding me then. Hmm... well I "have been there done that" and have many warnings and much to preach about to these kids. I tell them "never smoke, do drugs or drink", "let God choose the person you will marry", "go to school" and most importantly..."God loves you and has a plan for your life." The main thing I drill into their heads is that they need to have a relationship with God and I try to help them really understand what that looks like in their lives.  I warn them about the occult and what they watch, read and listen to. We talk about heaven and Jesus and how amazing life is with Him. I tell them miracle stories and about angels and that God has given them all spiritual gifts.

 I love these kids. I want to spare them the pain and loneliness I felt growing up or help them through their problems. Most of them aren't coming from ideal home situations. We have some in foster care, some in unstable homes. I can relate to these guys. What I want them to get is even if life isn't perfect, God loves them and is there for them. 

We spend time studying the Bible. We also play together. It's a mixed-up combination to keep things interesting. I certainly don't feel like I have it all together. I have problems with my own kids and family. I'm imperfect. So are they :) Maybe that's why we're all together. Just hope something sticks!

The one thing I've learned in this life is that having and nurturing a relationship with God is what it's all about. A living, breathing, real relationship. Prayer is a two-way conversation with God. We don't do all of the talking. No, He speaks to us as well. And we need to follow the light He reveals to us. It's awesome and exciting. And when the hard times come, He is there. So close, so loving. I have found him to be very thoughtful. If this sounds strange to you, just go deeper with God. Give Him your life, pray for Him to do amazing things in your life and watch what He does. This has been the best decision of my life. This is what I want to pass along.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River